SECOM Apprenticeship Offer:
Fire Emergency and Security Systems apprenticeship standard.
The SECOM apprenticeship has been designed to support your development:
- Into a multi-disciplined engineer
- Uphold our quality service provider ethos
- Drive progress within our company
- Develop a workforce that provides total security protections to our customer database
Provide a platform career pathway within the Security industry with a global Security company…
What are we looking for:
- Strong attention to detail.
- A technical mind-set.
- Analytical in your methods.
- Ability to use initiative to think through problems and find solutions.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to think outside the box, be curious and innovative.
- We are looking for people who are focused, driven, and committed to the apprenticeship.
- They need to be smart, polite, well-spoken, and mannered with a positive can do attitude.
- Need to be punctual, conscientious, and hardworking with good attention to detail.
- The apprentices need to be able to work well alongside other people.
- All apprentices must have excellent communication skills and driven to provide first class
- Educated to a good basic standard with a minimum of 4 GCSEs or equivalent, at Level 2 or Grade A to C including English and Maths or the new grading as a grade between 4 to 9. see appendix 1
- A full clean UK driving Licence.
- Funding Eligibility:
- You must be at least 19 years of age.
- There is no upper age limit as this can support individuals who may be looking for a change in career paths.
- You must have lived in England for the last 3 years.
- Not already be in full time education at the point of enrolment.
- Not already hold a qualification at Level 3 or above in the Security field. If elements are already achieved, then this may affect the funding available. Analysis of content will be required.
What will the role entail:
As a Fire & Security Apprentice your training will include:
- Examine Fire and Security Systems to locate problems or issues along with recommendations in accordance with British Standards or regulations.
- Test and service backup batteries for fire and security systems and check programs and verify systems are functional.
- Diagnose system faults and respond where possible.
- Mount and fix and Terminate Fire alarm and security systems along with ancillary items.
- Maintain fire and security systems in accordance with the British Standards and Manufacturers regulations.
- Review and understand electrical drawings or building blueprints and follow design details
- Install electrical cables in accordance with the design drawings in all types of premises, including conduits, tray work and bracketry.
- Inspect installations by others; review install methods and suggest alternative install ideas.
- Read manuals and keep yourself up to date with the latest technology advances in the fire and security industry.
- Demonstrate systems for customers, answer technical questions and offer advice. Grow very strong customer focus skills to provide the Secom quality service provision.
- Program fire and security systems, reviewing and implementing the cause and effect process.
- Understand the consequences of programming systems and their effect on other building integrated life safety systems.
- Provide customers with a can-do attitude and actions.
- Communicate with customers to identify their needs and assess their risks for both fire and security systems.
- Provide out of hours cover along with working outside of normal working hours to maintain life safety and security system integrity.
- Maintain our customer as your number one priority, keeping integrity and customer satisfaction as your key objective.
- Provide team support to other engineers and colleagues when required.
- Develop a network of support to maintain the quality provision.
What can you expect from us:
SECOM’s commitment to you as an apprentice:
- A structured training program over a 2-3 year period to develop and provide you with the skills, knowledge and behaviours expected of our Secom engineers.
- All training will be completed within your contracted hours of employment.
- Ongoing progress assessments and guidance support /reviews, to meet the criteria standards and the On-the-job training and development.
- A support network of technical and experienced engineers, who mentor your development and support your learning, assessment, and continual progress.
- A quality assessment of your learning program and skills knowledge and behaviours as a Fire and Security engineer.
- A guaranteed offer of employment at the end of the apprenticeship.
- Access to a company vehicle (those who can meet our driver intelligence analysis.)
- A 360° awareness of how the Security industry works and career avenues open to those who wish to follow certain pathways.
- An above average pay structure that allows the apprentice to progress based on knowledge skills and behaviour development in multi-disciplined systems.
- A career pathway of continual professional development.
- A set of skills, knowledge and behaviours that make you stand out from the crowd.
- The opportunity to join the Engineering Technical Council as you will have met the necessary competence and commitment standards.
Other areas of research you may wish to look at:
- Official Sites : https://www.getingofar.gov.uk/
- Fire and Security apprenticeships: https://www.a4fs.org/
- IFSEC write up : https://www.ifsecglobal.com/trailblazer-apprenticeship-standard-launched-aim-plugging-growing-skills-gap-fire-security/
- Apprenticeship adverts site: https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/