Serve as a primary contact to meet our customer needs, to manage overall Fire and Life Safety Systems Service and Installation delivery and responsible for the effective and successful management of labour, productivity and to improve our customer experience.
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Office and remote working from home
- Pension scheme
- Aviva health scheme
- Life cover
- Employee discount on security for your home
- Employee Discount Scheme, which is applicable to over 900 of the UK’s top retailers, including travel, groceries, gym memberships, utilities and more.
Key result areas
- Employee performance and corrective action plans.
- Utilise Secom’s operating platform to drive performance and improve productivity. (Performance Management)
- Communicate with all relevant employees to ensure delivery times are met.
- Compliance and Commercial awareness
- Set individual targets to meet customers SLAs, KPI, (performance management).
- Manage and improve System Usage across engineering platforms/Portals
- Directly deal with all HR performance related issues with Management team
- Delivering first class customer service to improve retention and growth of key accounts and Fire within the region.
- Improving productivity and delivering margin improvement throughout the business in conjunction with Key relationship departments.
- Implementing Change Management
- Providing strong, high-profile leadership and driving change in terms of structure, culture and processes.
- Manage client SLA/ KPI via client portals
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Co-ordinates activities that affect the operational decisions and Business requirements.
- To ensure Compliance with all relevant British Standards are meet, audited and maintained.
- Commercial: To ensure margins and profitability are achieved across areas of responsibility.
- To deliver improvements in the productivity and performance of the Engineering function, forecasting and reporting performance against appropriate targets.
- To implement and embed best practices by fully utilising Secom’s Operating platform, Implement, adopt new processes and embed changes as necessary.
- Resource Management to ensure headcount is relocated and maximised to meet clients demands.
- Resource Management to ensure each employee is registered across all Secom platforms, HR, Payroll, ASC, mobile and Fleet.
- To support the sales process in securing new business, working in collaboration with the Head of sales/ director in designing service propositions and delivering them to clients.
- To support the Fire & LSS design process through technical and Compliance reviews.
- Planning of diary with NSB to meet companies and client’s expectations.
- To maintain inventory stock control of field engineers and record monthly for financial auditing purposes.
- Submission of inventory stock monthly into Central Stores to demonstrate financial control of stock.
- To improve the quality of service delivery to Secom customers, ensuring first time fix rates are improved and ensuring PPMs and critical works are carried out within the required timescales. (Performance management).
- To successfully mobilise new contacts into the business, managing transition phases from existing suppliers.
- Vehicle boot stock inventory control to ensure vehicle Boot stock is controlled and accounted for monthly
- To ensure the Regional organisation has the management capability to support the culture and process changes required.
- To ensure all staff within the Service function have role guides and clear objectives against which they are regularly appraised, and that minimum expectations of the role of Manager to Engineer are set in terms of key metrics such as jobs per day etc. (Performance management).
- To deliver the necessary changes to processes, systems and management are made in order to ensure Engineers are scheduled effectively and in a way, that minimises the cost to the organisation.
- To ensure that the Service organisation has an effective and efficient process for ordering parts and delivering them to site as required. In conjunction with Central Stores and Distribution.
- Health and Safety, enforcing standards, work safely. E-learning modules are kept up to date and compliant.
The Fire Project Manager will have a proven track record of success in a Fire & Life Safety Systems customer delivery role, including leadership of a field team. He or she will be highly numerate, have a driven, can do approach. Experience in the installation & servicing of Fire and Life Safety Systems is essential along with commercial/financial acumen and certified Fire and LSS qualifications. To be able to demonstrate experience of managing a large Install and Service environment with similar characteristics to Secom (large field force, impact of service quality, Compliance etc.) would be a distinct advantage. The competency profile for this role is summarised as follows.
Top skills and proficiencies
- Experienced Fire and Life Safety Professional
- Certificated BS5839 Part 1 & 6 qualifications
- Compliance and British Standards Auditing
- Leadership and Training
- Ownership & Accountability
- Conflict Management
- Performance Management
- Decision making
- Deadline orientated
- Planning and organising
- Communication Skills
- Influencing and Leading
- Team work