You’ll be part of a busy, dynamic sales and design team for one of the largest fire and security companies with offices all across the UK. You’ll be part of the SECOM Group who employ 53,000 people in nearly 2,800 locations worldwide.
As part of our exciting growth strategy, a new role for a Design Engineer within Secom Plc is now available. The role is an exciting and rewarding opportunity for individuals experienced or knowledgeable in fire safety systems. The primary objective of the role is to design, price and create proposals for SECOM’s portfolio of Fire & Life Safety solutions for both existing and new customers. As part of this role, you will be responsible for working with, and supporting, the regions established Security Systems Sales and Major Projects teams in developing new Fire & Life Safety business opportunities.
The role requires good organisational and planning skills, attention to detail, excellent communications skills and the ability to work closely with colleagues across departments.
- Professional approach to Fire & Life Safety Systems design
- Lifecycle approach to ensure compliance and quality
- Working with the other design engineers and project managers
- Carrying out accurate surveys, completing proposals and tenders
- Proven ability to design and sell fire and life safety solutions for a wide range of commercial applications
- FIA Parts 1, 2 & 3 certificated (or equivalent)
- Extensive knowledge of BS5839 Part 1
- Ability to read and understand project specific drawings and specifications
- Knowledge of BS5266 an advantage
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Attention to detail
- Results driven and have a hunger to succeed
- Knowledge of security integration
- Attractive benefits package including health insurance
- An exciting and challenging opportunity with excellent prospects for the right candidate
- Paid leave
Why join our team?
SECOM is experiencing huge growth and you’ll be part of this expanding team. We believe in recruiting from within and there are always opportunities to further your career so please apply today to be part of the interview selection as interviews are taking place in the next 10 working days.
This is a great opportunity to join one of the world’s largest security and fire solutions organisations with global operations and a very large client base. They offer fantastic training and development plus global career development opportunity.